Monday, March 31, 2008

First Fever :o(




I totally jinxed myself and poor Lil Love. All weekend I carried on saying that Adam has gone through his first year of life without a fever (besides a 99 degree one after an immunization -- doesn't really count). Even when his eight teeth came in, he stayed, thankfully, fever free. Well, that all changed tonight. He got tired much earlier than usual (see photo below with Steven). We were all excited to have the evening to ourselves to watch our "Grey's Anatomy: Season 1, Disc 2" DVD (we decided to start watching the show - from the beginning, of course. It's pretty good). Anyway, just as I was finishing writing some thank-you notes (for the wonderful b-day gifts), LL woke up crying (unusual these days). I let him cry a bit but then he started to wimper (it was so sad). When I picked him up he was HOT. We took his temp and it was 102!!! My poor baby. His face was all flushed and he sat on my lap in and out of sleep (babbling when he was awake) while I spoke to the Dr (well, nurse practitioner) on call. After we took her advice and gave him tylenol, he woke up a bit. And started smiling, babbling and walking! I'm telling you, nothing slows down this kid (thank goodness). We put him back to bed with ducky and doggy, of course, and he fell right back asleep. I just now felt his head and it went warm-ish, but not hot, Thank G-d. The nurse said to check on him/give him Tylenol every 4 hours if he's still hot. She said it's either an ear infection (since he had a runny nose today) or his molars are coming in (since he was heavily drooling today). Lets hope for the latter.

In happier news, LL is continuing to walk about 20% of the time. Crawling and cruising are still his main modes of transportation but walking is coming in at a close 3rd. See photos of him walking... he was starting to fall in the last shot (where he looks like a gymnast). He falls "well", always on his tush, and it doesn't seem to faze him. Oh, please ignore the papers on the floor... you might recall that paper shredding is one of Adam's favorite activities. We give him our Sunday paper to have fun with every Monday. He loves it.

Anyway, hopefully Adam will be all smiles tomorrow with no fever. If he does have a fever in the AM, off to the Doc we go (I HATE going to the Dr and our fave Doc, Dr. F, is off tomorrow), to make sure it's not an ear infection. I'll keep everyone posted -- pun intended. :)

No comments: