Friday, June 5, 2009

Operation BBB

So, the 1st night of OBBB (Operation Big Boy Bed) is about over.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?

Did I really type on this keyboard a mere (is that even a word?) 8 hours ago that I thought Adam would sleep through the night?!?

Well, he did... from 11 - 3. And then, then, all heck broke lose. He woke up promptly at 3AM, 4AM & 5AM. Each time he sounded terrified, crying for Mama. I would go in and he would ask for the "Airplane Song" and "Hold Mama's hand". After 15 minutes he would fall back asleep.

Then, at 5:30AM, he had a complete meltdown. Tried to sleep with Big Doggy but had thismuchroom to breathe so when I moved Big Doggy down a little, he lost it. Started crying "No Like It! No Like Big Boy Bed! No Like It! Chocolate Milk"! Yes, you read that correctly... he threw in a "chocolate milk" for good measure. Long story short, at this point he REFUSED to go back to BBB, and kept crying for Daddy. Up until then, I let Daddy sleep but I woke him up at 6AM to take over so I could get ready for work. He slept with Adam on the couch for 10 minutes and then transferred him to the BBB, while he was still asleep. I really hope he sleeps for a decent amount of time now. Poor child needs his sleep. And so do I. I don't know how I'm going to function at work today on virtually no sleep. Speaking of which, I have to leave in 5 minutes and I'm not even dressed yet. Gulp. Think of us tonight!!!

Oh, any anyone who's already been there with OBBB, please feel free to give advice, tips, etc. Thanks in advance! :o)

2 comments:

Two Lines On a Stick said...

I know you said you don't feel like Adam is ready for a blanket yet... but it might make a huge difference. Bailey LOVES having a pillow, blanket, and about ten lovies in her BGB. She never cared about that in the crib so I think it's a security thing. She also gets out of bed and brings back in with her any extra towels, sheets etc that she can find. I just check on her AS SOON as she is asleep and move it all to the foot of the bed. Also I told her "We have a rule, no blankets on your head." She is pretty good about it now- but I don't think she would sleep in there without all of that stuff. Her PAT lady said it gives her security since she's missing that wall around her like in her crib. Just a thought.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Yeah, I second that. Teo sleeps with lots of blankets and stuffed animals around him and his head. He doesn't put the blanket over his head ever. I think humans have a strong will to live, even when asleep, so he would wake up if he started to suffocate. I hope I'm not being naive on that.

He has also loved being "Tucked in" by us lately with the small quilt that came with his crib bed set. We never used to use it in the crib because he had his other security, soft blankets. Every night he asks to "Tuck you in." (still working on the pronouns) :)