Friday, October 17, 2008

Conversations with Little Love, 2nd edition

Adam is cracking us up with his new words and phrases. Here are some actual conversations, word-by-word, that Steven and I have had with Adam this week:

Mama: I don't know where the pen is, Adam. (He *loves* pens. If he sees a piece of paper, he asks for a pen. Always). Maybe it's in the barn.

Adam: (checks his Little People barn for about 2 seconds and pops his head up). NOPE!. Yes, my 18 month old said "Nope" perfectly in conversation. It cracked me up.

Dada: Adam, can you give me five?
Adam: (hand up, huge smile on his face). FIVE!!!
Steven and I don't know who taught him that but it's adorable.

Mama: I know you're hungry, Adam, your bottle will be ready soon.
Adam: Make Baba!!!

Mama: Adam, why don't you pick out a book to read?
Adam: No no no book!!!

Adam: Piece (pointing to a wooden "piece" on the floor).
Steven: (picks up piece). Hear you go, Adam.
Adam: No, THAT piece (points to another piece).
Steven: Picks up another piece and hands it to Adam.
Adam: (beaming with joy as he was able to communicate which piece he wanted). Thank You.

Setting:
Living Room. 6 PM. Out of the blue, I hear...
Adam: Bagel.
Mama: What?
Adam: Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. He then proceeds to run in the kitchen looking for a, you guessed it, bagel.

Setting:
My car... I'm playing (for the millionth time), "Toddlers 101 Favorite Songs" CD. We're listening to "Wheels on the Bus".
Adam: ABCD! ABCD!
Mama: Adam, do you want to hear the ABC song?
Adam: ABCD! ABCD!
Mama finds song 12 on the CD, the ABC song, and plays it. When the song is over, she hears....
Adam: Again.
Mama plays the song again. And again. And again... kid you not. :o)

These are just a few of our recent conversations. I just love this age... we never know what will pop out of LL's mouth!

New photos and more Chicago stories later this weekend! Have a good one!

1 comment:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Yep, sounds like us over here. It cracks me up when Teo goes "Oh, gosh!" if we ask him to do something he deems annoying.