Friday, October 23, 2009

stomach bug =(

I totally jinxed myself.

Just yesterday, I was thinking that Adam hasn't been sick in months (except for a few colds) and I couldn't remember the last time he has thrown up (which says a lot since he was a "reflux baby" and used to throw up/spit up several times a day -- until he was about 6 or 7 months old). ANYWAY... I was JUST thinking that AND...

Adam woke up at 4 am throwing up! AAHH!

Long story short... he threw up every 30 minutes for 5 hours straight... fortunately, he's only thrown up 2x since 9:30 am. The last time was during Shabbat dinner (he was just drinking water). He stood up on his chair, said "Why, Grandma, Why?" (about who knows what?!?) and BAM... there went our nice dinner. We actually found it quite comical (in a really gross way)... it was like a scene out of a movie!

He has also been running a fever (about 101) all day but Tyl.enol seems to be working (Thanks, Namaste, for suggesting Children's Tyl.enol instead of Infants -- seems to be working better now that he's 2.5)! I took him to the Dr. this morning (since he wouldn't stop throwing up -- it was getting scary) but she wasn't too concerned -- thinks it's also a stomach bug (or, as she professionally put it, gastroentorolical symptoms").

On a promising note, he BEGGED for mac & cheese around 8 pm... and managed to keep it down. Also, it seems as if his sense of humor has returned (he was quite clingy and lethargic earlier in the day). As I was (about to) kiss him good night, he said "no kiss"... followed by "Mama, when I wake up, you can kiss my cheek. Tomorrow". That's my sassy little love! Here's hoping this is only a 24 hour bug!

On another note... Happy, Happy Birthday, Aunt Elizabeth! Can't wait to see you in December! XOXO

1 comment:

Two Lines On a Stick said...

Poor guy, I hope he is already better by the time you see this!