Saturday, November 22, 2008

Midnight Adventure

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and e-mails during Adam's (probable) staph infection. The craziest thing is that he's 100% "healthy looking and acting", besides the 4 little pimple-staph things, of course. Just to play it safe, though, we've kept him home for the past 2 days. Yesterday, I swear, we both went stir-crazy. Steven couldn't even walk in the living room when he got home. Every single toy was played with, every single book read (well, not really, but the favorites were) and every Barney On-Demand episode had been watched. This was the first time I think that Adam hadn't left the house in a year! Fortunately, Grandma came over in the AM which made Adam (and me!) so happy. I was a little nervous about him taking his antibiotic as he had screamed/spit it out when we tried to give it to him. We had to mix it in with cake frosting (the nurse's suggestion) in the AM which worked but was a huge mess. Fortunately, by dose 2, he took it mixed in with his formula in a bottle. I *knew* there was a reason he was still on bottles (Yes, we plan for him to be OFF the bottle and "Next Step" formula by age 2. Really). Anyway, we made it through the day and it was really nice to have such quality time with my Little Love.

We noticed on Thursday night that LL had some type of raised skin/bumps on the bottom of his feet. It was (is) really strange looking and my mom kinda freaked out when she saw it. So I took him back to the doctor (well, it was the nurse practitioner) this morning to see what it was. She thinks it is part of the staph infection and just looks different since he's walking on it. She also thinks that the pimples/staph infection is clearing up -- YAY!!! -- which means it's probably not MRSA since it seems to be responding to the antibiotic. Of course that made me feel much better but I won't be able to completely relax until the culture results come back okay on Monday.

The rest of the day was fine... just took it easy and relaxed which is what we wanted after the week we had! Adam went to bed at 8 am and slept peacefully until midnight when I heard him coughing. He was coughing for about 10 minutes so I went in to check on him. He immediately sat up, coughed, and looked for his Doggies. WHO WERE IN THE DRYER!!! AAGH!!! We took them to wash after he fell asleep. Needless to say, he NOTICED and was HYSTERICAL yelling for "Doggy". I gave him Big Doggy (see photo below) but he wanted "The Other Doggy" (see singular Doggy in pic below, the original and his favorite one). He was so upset that I took him downstairs and held him while the Doggy finished drying. He fell back asleep almost immediately on me.

Mama's Little Love. Oh, just in case you noticed, I do NOT have a mustache -- it's some weird shadow thing on the side of my lip and under my chin. Also, if you look closely, you can see one of the staph pimples on Adam's wrist. This is the one the Dr. cultured. As you can see, it's almost gone. Thank G-d!

Of course, when the doggies had finished drying, we brought him back upstairs. He fell right back asleep in his crib without even mentioning Doggy. After all that! Well, it was nice cuddle time with him. Can you believe he'll be 20 months next week! OMG! He looks like a little infant sleeping on me, doesn't he? Oh, how I adore my little love!!!

#1 Doggy

All the doggies. We need to invest in some Gund stock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS

namaste said...

I'm so sorry that it's been such a rough few days for you and Adam. What a combination - staph and a suicidal deer. Many many hugs to you.

Amanda said...

OMG, that is the most beautiful pic of you two!!!