Friday, September 19, 2008

Soccer Mama


It's official: I'm a Soccer Mom!

Adam had his second soccer class today and loved it. The class takes place in an indoor stadium with fake grass, goal posts, the works. The class is structured so the kids can kick around the balls, build cones, blow bubbles and play with the parachute. Adam loves all of it especially the bubbles and parachute. Riley is in the class with him and he runs up to her saying "Riley Riley Riley"... so cute. :)

Things at Montessori are continuing to go well, Thank G-d. Adam no longer cries when we drop him off... yay! :) It took him exactly 2 weeks to "get adjusted", I guess. Adam has really bonded with his teachers. Miss Annie even said "I love you" to Adam before he left today. It's so nice to see that he really is loved and cared for. Miss Annie also said that Adam was playing hide and seek with Jackie and was even calling Jackie's name. I wish I could've seen it! The only problem we're having is that Adam will not nap for more than 30 minutes at Montessori. And he's only sleeping about 10 hours a night. We put him down at 7:30 last night and he woke up at 5:30 -- wide awake! -- this morning and STILL only slept for 30 minutes at school. It's not surprising that he took a FOUR HOUR NAP yesterday when he was at home, with me. I hate the fact that he's somewhat sleep-deprived on Montessori days but I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions out there?!?

Besides that, all is good. LL is continuing to sing, sing, sing. He was a little fussy (overtired) on the way back from soccer today and was getting sick of his usual favorite songs. So I popped in my Billy Joel CD and put on "Good Night, My Angel". For the first year of Adam's life, I sang that song to him every single night, as I was rocking him to sleep. This was the first time I actually played the song for him. He was mesmerized by it. When the song was over, he said "sleep sleep"... he wanted to hear "the sleep song" again. Then we sang the song together and he knew the end of almost every single line (e.g. Good night, my angel, now it's time to... SLEEP"). It was amazing. HE is amazing. Just goes to show you that even when they can't talk, they are listening. I'm glad I took Mom's advice and sang and talked to him every day.... even when I felt ridiculous doing so (it's kinda strange having a conversation with a 1 month old!)! :) Anyway, LL will be 1.5 years old in less than 10 days. Unbelievable...

Have a good weekend, everyone...



3 comments:

Amanda said...

How cool! I have never seen a "soccer class" like that for kids as young as Adam before. It looks like he had so much fun. I love your lullaby story too :) So sweet!

Getz Gang said...

What a big boy! He is sooo smart!I'm glad he likes school...what a blessing! Love you

Sarah said...

I love the shorts--too cute!! I sing and talk to Claire every day too...glad to know it makes a difference!