Sunday, May 25, 2008

Adam's 1st trip to Washington, D.C.



Adam ventured into Washington, D.C. for the first time today! Which is ironic since Steven and I met for the first time (blind date) at the Smithsonian Metro stop 8.5 years ago this week. We only live about 45 minutes away but when you have a baby (toddler?), it seems like a real trip. We actually took the Metro there (Adam's first Metro trip) and he loved it... just looked out the big windows and took it all in.

We went downtown with Uncle Joey, Aunt Hillary, and Grandma to meet Cousin Brad and his wife, Jen. Brad and I are exactly, to the day, 6 months apart (Brad being older). Our parents are close so we saw each other somewhat often growing up and always had fun. I have fond memories of laughing so hard with Brad that ice-cream flew out of my nose at Bob Big Boy's about 20 years ago (it seems like yesterday, in a way). I doubt Brad remembers this but I remember him telling us that "Puttin on the Ritz" was his favorite song back in, oh, 1983 maybe?!? :) I wish we lived closer... he's a really great guy and Jen is wonderful. She's also a pediatric dentist so she could answer all my questions regarding Adam's teeth (reminder: we need to take him to the dentist asap since he's almost 14 months old and has 12 teeth). Anyway, Brad and Jen were in town for a conference so we had a chance to meet and for them to meet Adam. We ate dinner at the Lebanese Taverna in Woodley Park (near the National Zoo) and had a nice time catching up.

After dinner, we walked up and down D.C. Adam insisted on pushing his stroller, as opposed to riding in it (see photo). Such a big boy!

1 comment:

Ms. Perky said...

Adam is very cute! I've never ventured on the metro with the triplets and I'm not sure that I'll ever be that brave, but J loves it!