Here are Adam's current favorites, in no particular order... (Side note: All photos were taken in July):
1. Doggies -- Yes, Adam is still enamored with his doggies. He was too many in his collection to count. Favorites are brown baby doggy, original doggy, and big doggy (cute names, huh?). He also likes "real" dogs, duckies, and kitties, too.
2. Soccer -- Adam LOVES kicking the ball around. It's his new favorite activity, hands down. Every day he runs around and kicks the ball with Daddy... sometimes Mama and Grandma, too. He's actually quite good. I think I'm going to enroll him in a soccer class in the late fall/winter when it will be too cold for him to run around outside with the ball. He also likes to play football and throws the ball well... Uncle Steven is trying to teach him how to CATCH the ball now.
"Hut Hut Hut"
3. The water table -- Adam loves playing with the water table outside the house. Actually, more specifically, Adam loves playing with the HOSE. It drives Steven crazy but he does it for Adam. Such a good daddy. =)
4. Pretend play -- Adam loves to give his doggies a bath, play doctor with them, put them to sleep, and feed them. My favorite is when he puts Doggy to sleep and goes "shh" with his finger on his nose!
5. Books -- Adam's current favorites are Barn.ey Goes to the Dent.ist, Goodnight Gori.lla, Hungry Bu.nny, and Goodnight Mo.on. These favorites haven't changed much. One new favorite is The Bear Snores On. His attention span has gotten much better, though, when reading books. He loves to point out everything in the pages. I'm starting to introduce a few "new" books each week to him. Reading with Daddy
6. TV -- Adam's new favorite shows are Noddy, a British cartoon and Pajanimals, a nighttime puppet show on PBS.Sprout. He still enjoys Barney, Sesame Street, and Kipper (as well as Baby Boost at Grandma's House) but they are no longer his favorites. He still likes his "Lett.er Factory" DVD which I highly recommend. He learned all the letters and the sounds after 1 week of watching this DVD back in June. So cool!
Watching Pajanimals on Mama & Dada's bed
7. Puzzles -- especially the Melissa & Do.ug ones.
8. Cars, trains, and trucks -- A relatively new interest... which I was waiting for him to have! He especially loves the remote car that Zaide bought him.
9. Bubbles -- he likes to blow them *himself* now. Of course, he loves the Bubble Race Car from Zaide, too -- see #8. =)
10. Dancing -- Adam loves it when I go "Dance! Dance! Dance!" -- he'll start breaking down -- bouncing his little booty up & down, clapping his handse, etc. It's the greatest. "Dance! Dance! Dance! -- getting some energy out before bed"
11. Shabbat -- Adam loves the Shabbat traditions -- wearing his kippah, lighting the candles, saying the blessings, drinking "wine" (juice), and eating challah. We all look forward to Shabbat at Grandma's house every Friday night. Shabbat at Grandma's House
12. Adam's Big Boy Bed -- Little Love has settled into his BBB (finally)!!! However, I still have to "hold his feet" every night and can't leave until he's asleep... I hope to stop this eventually. He usually sleeps through the night but a few times a week he'll call for MAMA or DADA in the middle of the night. Once he sees me, though, he instantly goes back to sleep. Anyway, his routine before bed is as follows: drink chocolate milk while watching "Pajanimals" (which is only 6 minutes long - perfect!), bath, brush teeth, read books, hear Daddy tell stories about Patches and then I will sing him his songs (Baby Mine, Love of my Life, and usually a new song -- this week it's Rainbow Connection). Then we have the following conversation: "Mama loves Adam So -- Much", "Adam is Mama's -- Love", and "Adam is -- the best boy in the whole world!". He also has gotten quite possessive of the BBB. He is known to say "MY Big Boy Bed" or "Adam's Big Boy Bed" if you happen to pretend to sleep on it. =)
13. Baths -- Adam loves playing in the bathtub. He likes to play with his ABC letters and draw/paint with his bath paint crayons/paints. He usually takes 30 minute baths! He does, however, HATE having his hair washed... even though he likes it when I give him a mohawk. =) Becoming a prune from so much bath time!!!
14. Drawing -- Adam loves drawing with a pen. He draws family members and his teachers at school. He can draw a pretty good circle and a straight line these days.
15. Fountains -- Adam loves water fountains -- big and small. Definitely a water baby (see #13).
16. FRUIT -- Little Love literally can't get enough of it. He LOVES grapes, all berries & melons, pineapples, apples, etc. LOVES LOVES LOVES fruit.
17. Ice-cream -- His new favorite dessert is chocolate ice-cream. Yes, he will ask for chocolate. =) His other favorite dessert is a muffin -- which he STILL calls a "muffin man"! Eating chocolate ice-cream with Daddy on a hot summer night... Ahh, life is good =)
18. Music -- Of course, Adam still loves his music. He can actually detect a song after hearing just a couple of notes. It's incredible. He knows all his CDs and asks for them by name. His new favorite song is from his Barney Night-time CD. I don't know what the song is called but his favorite line is "Will you swim with the fishies...". He gets SO EXCITED when that songs comes on, especially that line. He will start giggling in anticipation of the "fishies" the moment I put the CD in.
19. "I do it MYSELF. Adam do it!" -- Seriously, Steven and I hear this phrase probably 50 times a day. The cool thing is that Adam really CAN do most things himself these days. Even if it's obvious that he won't be able to, it's usually best to let him try to do something himself... he'll (eventually) ask for help if he can't do it (and he'll actually say -- "I can't do it!").
20. Exploring -- Of course, LL still loves to explore. Anything and everything. To say that Adam is curious is the understatement of the year!
"Let me Out so I can explore... Sleep is overrated, Mama!"
21. Legos and blocks -- Adam still likes to build with his legos and blocks, especially towers and bridges.
22. Gymb.oree -- Adam is still enrolled in the Gymb.oree Arts & Crafts class with Miss Jessica. This is probably my favorite Mommy & Me activity with him. It's a really structured class and Miss Jessica is phenomenal. Adam especially loves to create something and then take it apart. =) He also is known to yell "Look at Adam's!" when it's time to share art. We also try to make it to Open Gym once a week. Creating ??? during Gymb.oree Arts class
23. Money -- Yes, money. Adam loves playing with coins! He knows the names of the coins (but gets them confused) and will say "I have 2 Monies"!
24. "Annie's House" -- AKA Montessori. Adam went through a period of crying every morning b/f leaving for Annie's House last month which was awful. However, his teachers (including Annie, of course!) always mention how happy he is there. His favorite part of the day, it seems, is when I pick him up (mine, too)! He gets the biggest & most adorable grin on his little face and says "Mama, Mama, Mama... come in!" Then we meet each other at the door where he gives me a huge hug. Then he asks Miss Annie for his "paper" (progress report of the day) and grabs his doggy backpack from the hook... saying "go home, go home". Once we're outside of his class, however, he loves to just "hang out"... telling me what numbers are on the door, playing at the water fountain, playing with the sprinkler outside, etc. Overall, we've been very pleased with his experience there this year. I'm a little nervous when he'll be moved to the 2's class in September! Miss Annie has wanted him to move classes for months now (she feels he's definitely ready -- we think he is, too) but all of his friends are still in his current class so we have decided to wait. As Rushan's mom has said... let them stay tots as long as possible!!! Adam sitting with Ryan at "Annie's House"... the exact moment he saw me =). Sorry for the blur... it was taken through the window!
25. Pane.ra, especially with Daddy -- Every Saturday, Daddy takes Adam to Pane.ra for a bagel and ice water (coffee for Daddy). It's their routine and Adam loves it. I also take Adam there a few times a month for a grilled cheese sandwich and a fruit cup.
26. Playgrounds -- of course, playgrounds are still on the list! Adam has gotten quite good at climbing these days.
At the playground with Grandma and Uncle Steven
27. Cleaning -- Adam loves to vacuum (with his play vacuum) every day. He also likes to clean up messes, sweep the deck with Grandma, etc. Steven and I aren't sure where this love of cleaning has come from -- we think he inherited this from Bobbe. =)
28. People -- Adam is very social and likes to be around other kids. He always reminds me that he "has to share" and "take turns".... which he *usually* is good about... unless his Doggy is involved... then he'll exclaim, quite loudly, "MY Doggy!" -- see #1! Eating Lunch with his favorite triplets: Abby, Ellie, & Sam
Overall, Adam is a very happy little guy (kanehurra!!!) and is such a joy to be around. We are so in love with our not-so-Little Love!!!