Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bye, Bye Summer. You'll be VERY missed!


Unbelievable that summer is about over. The last 2 months flew by in a flash. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was packing up my office and getting ready to celebrate July 4th with the family. And now... I'm unpacking my office, as of tomorrow. Since I worked so much this summer, it really does seem like it flew by. Believe me, I *know* how fortunate I am to get summers off... a huge benefit of working for the schools! Still.... would love another week or two off.

Last Monday was the quintessential summer day. I hosted a playgroup park & pool party and we all had a great time. It must have been in the mid-90s and not a cloud was out. It was so great to hang with the girls and Adam had a BLAST hanging out with his old buddies Tomas, Benjamin, Nathan, Addie & Asha. Unfortunately, my camera's battery died shortly after entering the pool, but here are a few pics from the park:

Climbing with Tomas
In serious discussion with Nathan
Collecting mulch with Tomas (they got along SO WELL). Yeah... I don't think I did the best job of tying Adam's hat here... he looks like a little Amish boy! =)

So, yep, work "officially" begins for me tomorrow. Adam will start his new class at "Annie's House" (Montessori) after Labor Day. We have begun telling Adam about the new class and he was all excited. We told him he'd have a new teacher and he said "yes... and Miss Annie". I don't think he understands that Miss Annie will no longer be his teacher. =( Not sure who the new teacher will be yet. I'm quite nervous about the transition... more on that in a later post as well as B'ham pictures. For now, I'm going to enjoy my last day of summer...

Bye, Bye summer... Little Love & I will both miss you SO MUCH!

1 comment:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

It's really weird that I'm not going back to school with you, my partner and most of my friends...