Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


We spent our 4th of July (today) traveling back from Birmingham, where we had a great visit with Bobbe & Zaide (lots more on our trip tomorrow). Adam was an EXCELLENT flyer on all 4 flights. Since there are no more direct flights from D.C. to Birmingham, we had to stop in Charlotte both times. Fortunately, all the flights were on time (amazing) and were very smooth. Adam slept during one flight each time and colored peacefully (and played with my new iph.one -- great preschool applications!) during the other flights. It was a lot of traveling, but Little Love did great. I'm pretty sure that this was the 8th round trip that he's be on... he's definitely a little frequent flier at this point! When we were walking out of the plane in D.C. he asked me if there would be any more airplanes today. Thankfully, no! ;)

Loving Mommy's new phone!
Coloring beautifully on the plane
"No more airplanes!!!" (truth be told, it was more like "No more photos, Mommy!!!")

By the time we got home, though, we were exhausted and decided just to watch the fireworks on TV instead of going out w/friends, as originally planned. Plus, I have a MASSIVE toothache (I'm on both Vico.din and 800 mg of ibupr.ofen as I write this) so I definitely felt like staying in. Fortunately, the massive amount of drugs have kicked in and I'm out of pain... for the moment, at least. I have a root canal scheduled for Wednesday but may need to move it up till tomorrow. Fun times. Anyway... hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Hot week ahead -- 103 on Wednesday! Yikes!!!

1 comment:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Sorry about the toothache! Nothing worse than tooth pain, IMO. Glad everything went smoothly on the airplane trips. Sounds like he's a good little flier.